Terms and Conditions of Contract
1. Acceptance: Written or verbal acceptance of any quotation or invoice will also be regarded as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Cancellations: Any postponement or cancellation of works must reach the Company either verbally, by text message or in writing at least 7 days before the work is due to commence. When there is not a 7 day cooling off period available before work commences, then the Client must complete the Cancellation Waiver Notice which is attached with the quotation. If the required notice is not given then the following charges will apply:
- 4-7 days notice – 25% of quotation total for the scheduled works will be payable.
- 1-3 days – 50% of quotation total for the scheduled works will be payable.
- Same day cancellations – 100% of quotation total for the scheduled works will be payable.
3. Consent: Trees situated outside of the Client’s property must have written consent from the owners (whoever they may be) before works can commence. The Company will not accept liability if this has not been verified beforehand.
4. Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire: From time to time, Checkatrade Questionnaires will be handed out to each Client upon completion of the works by the Company. Completion of these questionnaires is discretionary but does however ensure that the Company constantly strives to improve service to its Clients through valid and valuable feedback. All feedback is available to view on the Checkatrade website. In addition to Checkatrade questionnaires, we may ask our Clients to leave reviews on Google or Facebook, again this is to provide us with feedback that will assist us in improving our service.
5. Payment Terms: Payment in full should be made on receipt of Company’s invoice. Failure to do so will result in a late payment fee of 25% of the total invoice being added to the bill. In certain circumstances, a deposit may be required for those jobs where the Company needs to hire in specific equipment or machinery to undertake the works or where plants need to be purchased on behalf of the Client. In this case, the deposit is non-refundable. If the works fall in to a “clearance” category or the work undertaken is to be schedules over several days, a 50% deposit may be required.
6. Prices: When quotations contain individually priced items and only selected items are accepted, the Company reserves the right to amend the quotation with the selected items. All quotations are valid for a period of 30 days from the quotation date unless otherwise agreed with the Client.
7. Timings: Due to the nature of our business all arrival and completion times given for works booked in are approximate only.
8. Site: During the works, every effort will be made to leave the work areas in their original condition and to avoid damage within the garden surroundings. However, due to the nature of the Company’s work, on occasion due to their proximity, some areas such as gravel drives, flower borders and lawns/grass may suffer indentations, become trampled or minor damage may occur. Where necessary and if required to do so, staff can move garden furniture, ornaments, etc. but they cannot take responsibility for these items or the surrounding landscape.
9. Site Conditions: The quotation is based on the site conditions existing at the time of the site visit remaining unchanged. When specifying trees to be felled to ground level (this does not include removing the stumps) this is a guideline and is independent on no contamination (stones, metal, etc.) being found in the trunk base. If this is the case, then the trunk will be left as low as possible.
10. Postponement of Works: There may be times when the Company will need to postpone & re-schedule works due to circumstances beyond our control, such circumstances may include (but are not limited to) adverse weather conditions, nesting season, theft or breakdown of company vehicles or machinery. At all times the Company will try to minimise disruption to our Clients as much as possible, but in any event, the Company cannot be held liable for any losses incurred as a result of having to re-scheduling works.
11. Stump Grinding: (A) Works: Unless otherwise stated, “to grind out the stump” refers to the removal of the root bole up to a maximum depth of 24” and is not the removal of the root system or exposed shallow roots. These can be quoted for separately. Unless otherwise stated, grinding mulch is back filled neatly into the stump cavity and any excess arisings are left on site. (B) Damage: However, the Company accepts no liability for damages to underground services. All underground services must be drawn to our attention before the contract commences. Precautions are put in place to protect the property during grinding operations; however, on occasion, flying debris may sometimes clear this screening. If this is the case and damage occurs (after these precautions are in place) the Company cannot be held liable.
12. Tree Preservation Orders and Conservation Areas: The Company can on request apply for consent to carry out works on trees covered by these restrictions. If for any reason this is not deemed practical by the Company, then it will fall upon the Client to apply for consent. In this case, the Company will require proof of written notification from the relevant Local Authority before work can commence. Please be advised that should the Company undertake the application process and the Client cancels the works, then an application fee of £150.00 + VAT is chargeable to the Client from the Company.
13. Complaints: Any complaints arising from our contracted works should be made during the period of work or within 48 hours of completion of works. Complaints can be made verbally, in writing or via our website.
Important points the customer must adhere to on accepting the quotation –
Please note: On the day that the work is due to commence the following conditions must apply – failure to do so may incur further charges: –
- All vehicles must be removed from site prior to arrival to allow clear access to all areas where work will be undertaken.
- Any garden furniture or ornaments MUST be removed from the area of work. The Company accepts zero liability for any damage or breakages that occur to any items that are within the work zone. If you are unsure, please speak to a member of the team prior to work commencing. (Please inform the workforce if you cannot move items and they will assist in moving it for you).
- The area in which works are to be carried out must be free from any visible pet excrement.
- We advise that any pets are to be kept indoors whilst the works are undertaken.
- Any hidden wires or risks within the area of work must be pointed out to the workforce prior to the on-site Risk Assessment/work taking place.
- Any queries or issues you may have regarding the work taking/taken place must be expressed on the day prior to the teams’ departure.
- Any extra work undertaken which is not on the original quotation will be chargeable and we reserve the right to refuse extra work on the day.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to inform the neighbours who may be affected by the works being undertaken.
- If work is to be undertaken on a neighbours’ tree/s or hedge/s the Client must obtain consent from the relevant neighbour, in writing if necessary.
- All arisings from the works are to be removed by the workforce leaving all areas in a cleared condition unless otherwise agreed with the Client.
- Any tree work which has a TPO or is in a Conservation area requires consent from the local council, AWG Tree Surgeons Ltd offer this service for £150.00 + VAT, unless otherwise agreed. Any appeals to the council we charge £100.00 + VAT.
- Any consent obtained from the Council by the customer for works, copies of said consent must be received by us prior to the works taking place.